Sony Shingle Toro Takes Israeli Singing Format 'Rising Star' for Italy
Keshet's hit competition format has already closed adaptation deals with Germany and France.
COLOGNE, Germany – Toro Produzioni, the Italian production company controlled by Sony Pictures Television Group, has snapped up local adaptation rights to Rising Star, the hot new singing format from Israeli group Keshet Media.
The Italian deal follows similar format agreements for Rising Star with RTL for Germany, France's M6, Russia's Rossiya1 and Nordisk for Scandinavia.
The singing competition show, which has been a huge ratings hit on Keshet 2 in Israel, uses innovative voting technology that allows viewers to vote live for their favorite contestants via a second screen app. The vote count is tallied live during a contestant's on-air performance and determines the outcome of the show.
Toro is the go-to producer in Italy for music competition shows. The local producer of The Voice, the company recently acquired adaptation rights to the French classical music competition program Grande Battle.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR