Sony Shooting New Colombian Drug Cartel Series 'En la Boca del Lobo'
Also drug-themed and set in Colombia, Sony began production last year on the Spanish-language remake of "Breaking Bad."
MEXICO CITY – Sony Pictures Television and its Colombian partner Teleset have begun production on En la Boca del Lobo, an original series about the fall of the Cali drug cartel.
The 80-episode, one-hour series is being shot in and around Cali, Colombia, once home to one of the world's most powerful drug-trafficking organizations. En la Boca del Lobo is based on William C. Rempel's non-fiction thriller At the Devil's Table: The Untold Story of the Insider Who Brought Down the Cali Cartel.
The story turns on a cartel security boss, played by Luis Fernando Hoyos (Love in the Time of Cholera), who masterminded the crime syndicate's demise.
En la Boca del Lobo is Sony's latest Latin American production following El Mariachi and Metastasis, the Spanish-language adaptation of Breaking Bad.
Sony sold En la Boca del Lobo to Colombian network RCN. Our Lady of the Assassins cinematographer Rodrigo Lalinde is directing the series.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR