Sony Picks Up Social Network Comedy 'De-Friended' (Exclusive)
The comedy pitch hails from "MadTV" co-creator Fax Bahr and Harry Dunn and has Escape Artists' Steve Tisch, Todd Black and Jason Blumenthal attached to produce.
Sony has preemptively picked up De-Friended, a comedy pitch from MadTV co-creator Fax Bahr and Harry Dunn. Steve Tisch, Todd Black and Jason Blumenthal of Escape Artists are producing.
The comedy aims to examine what it means to be friends in a world obsessed with online social networking. It centers on a lonely, desperate woman in her late-'30s who is hopelessly addicted to social media. She seeks revenge when the most popular girl from her high school de-friends her on Facebook.
Bahr is no slouch in the TV comedy world, having co-created not only MadTV but also the Jaime Kennedy Experiment and Blue Collar TV. He worked on Malibu’s Most Wanted and wrote for In Living Color.
Dunn also wrote for In Living Color as well as 1990s TV series The Pretender.
This is the first time the duo, repped by CAA, Circle of Confusion and Ziffren Brittenham, have teamed up for a project.
Escape Artists’ next movie is Hope Springs, the Mandate comedy starring Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones and Steve Carell that opens Aug. 10.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR