Sony Taps Former NBCUniversal Exec to Head Film PR
Jean Guerin previously oversaw publicity for NBCUniversal's cable channels such as Bravo and Syfy.
Sony Pictures is hiring NBCUniversal media relations exec Jean Guerin to handle public relations for the studio.
The post was previously held by Steve Elzer, a 12-year veteran at the studio who was forced out of his position as senior vp media relations late last year. The studio is undergoing personnel turnover as it seeks to recover from several box office failures and cut costs.
Guerin is coming from NBCUniversal, where she oversaw PR on the cable television side, working with channels Bravo, Syfy, USA and E!
Guerin will now step into the world of film and report to Charlie Sipkins, who heads communications for all of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Elzer's duties were handled temporarily by Sipkins and communications exec Jason Allen.
Geurin was based in New York but has moved out to Los Angeles and begins this week.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR