Sony Taps Former NBCUniversal Exec to Head Film PR
Jean Guerin previously oversaw publicity for NBCUniversal's cable channels such as Bravo and Syfy.
Sony Pictures is hiring NBCUniversal media relations exec Jean Guerin to handle public relations for the studio.
The post was previously held by Steve Elzer, a 12-year veteran at the studio who was forced out of his position as senior vp media relations late last year. The studio is undergoing personnel turnover as it seeks to recover from several box office failures and cut costs.
Guerin is coming from NBCUniversal, where she oversaw PR on the cable television side, working with channels Bravo, Syfy, USA and E!
Guerin will now step into the world of film and report to Charlie Sipkins, who heads communications for all of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Elzer's duties were handled temporarily by Sipkins and communications exec Jason Allen.
Geurin was based in New York but has moved out to Los Angeles and begins this week.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott