Sophia Bush joins ABC comedy pilot
'Southern Discomfort' role in second position to 'One Tree Hill'
"One Tree Hill" co-star Sophia Bush has been cast in ABC's family comedy pilot "Southern Discomfort."
Bush will play the role of Haley, a recent Harvard graduate who returns to her Texas hometown to reunite with her old boyfriend. Her parents on the show are played by Don Johnson and Mary Steenburgen. Bush is repped by UTA, Joan Green Management and attorney Jamie Mandelbaum.
The multicamera comedy from Sony Pictures TV, Tantamount and ABC Studios is about a father whose grown kids move back in with him. Andy Cadiff, repped by UTA and Luber/Roklin, is directing.
The deal has Bush in second position to her role on "One Tree Hill," meaning the CW series still has first dibs on the actress for next season.
It's still unclear if "One Tree Hill" will get a pickup; the veteran drama and the CW's freshman series "Life Unexpected" are considered to be vying for a single spot on the network's schedule next season.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram