'Sophie's Revenge' nabs buyers
Zhang Ziyi stars in Eva Jin's romantic comedy
CANNES -- The Zhang Ziyi starrer "Sophie's Revenge" was a strong seller for CJ Entertainment and Edko Films which are jointly handling international sales.
For Japan, the romantic comedy was co-acquired by Nettai Museum and Media Factory in a deal handled by CJ. In deals handled by Edko, it was sold to Parkit Films for Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei, to BHD for Vietnam and to M Pictures for Thailand.
The China-South Korea co-production, about a young woman who employs scientific methods to win back her fiance, is directed by Eva Jin and also stars China's Fan Bingbing and Korea's So Ji-sub.
Separately, CJ also added to its string of sales on Cannes festival titles. "Thirst" was licensed to MFA+ for Germany, to Ecofilmes for Portugal, to Discovery for the Ex-Yugoslavia territories. "Mother" went to Paris Filmes for Brazil, while Madman Entertainment took both titles for Australia.
Disaster movie "Haeundae" was acquired by Madman in Australia and Visicom Suraya for Vietnam.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR