SoundCloud Announces New Round of Funding; Company Now Valued at $200 Million
An additional $50 million has been secured, according to reports. In June 2011, Ashton Kutcher's A-Grade Fund invested in the sound-sharing site.
SoundCloud has secured a new round of funding led by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, the company said in a statement Monday.
The size of the funding round was not revealed, but TechCrunch claims the amount is $50 million, which gives the company a $200 million valuation.
Mary Meeker, partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, will take a board observer seat at the company, the statement says. Currently, Meeker serves on the board of Square and is actively involved in KPCB's investments in in Groupon, Legalzoom, Waze, 360buy.com, Spotify, Jawbone, One King's Lane and Trendyol.
SoundCloud, which was founded in 2008 by Ljung and Eric Wahlforss, now has 5 million users. In June, Billboard.biz reported that Ashton Kutcher's A-Grade Fund invested in the sound-sharing site.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)