SoundCloud Announces New Round of Funding; Company Now Valued at $200 Million
An additional $50 million has been secured, according to reports. In June 2011, Ashton Kutcher's A-Grade Fund invested in the sound-sharing site.
SoundCloud has secured a new round of funding led by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, the company said in a statement Monday.
The size of the funding round was not revealed, but TechCrunch claims the amount is $50 million, which gives the company a $200 million valuation.
Mary Meeker, partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, will take a board observer seat at the company, the statement says. Currently, Meeker serves on the board of Square and is actively involved in KPCB's investments in in Groupon, Legalzoom, Waze, 360buy.com, Spotify, Jawbone, One King's Lane and Trendyol.
SoundCloud, which was founded in 2008 by Ljung and Eric Wahlforss, now has 5 million users. In June, Billboard.biz reported that Ashton Kutcher's A-Grade Fund invested in the sound-sharing site.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)