'Source Code' Hits No. 1 on DVD, Blu-ray Charts
"Rango" bumps down to second on the DVD sales chart ending July 31.
Summit Entertainment stormed to the top of the national home entertainment charts last week with Source Code, a PG-13-rated action thriller starring Jake Gyllenhaal that generated $54.7 million in theaters.
The film debuted at No. 1 on all three charts the week ending July 31, bumping previous triple-play chart-topper Rango, from Paramount, to No. 2 on the Nielsen VideoScan First Alert sales chart, Nielsen’s dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart and Home Media Magazine’s rental chart.
On the two sales charts, third place went to 20th Century Fox’s Limitless, which debuted at No. 2 on both charts the previous week. Limitless, another ‘PG-13’ action thriller, earned nearly $80 million in theaters and co-stars Robert De Niro.
Limitless failed to place on Home Media Magazine’s rental chart because of its 28-day holdback from Netflix and Redbox.
But another 20th Century Fox title, the Nicolas Cage starrer Season of the Witch, came off its holdback period and shot up the rental chart to No. 6 from No. 53 the previous week. So did the Warner comedy Sucker Punch, which rose from No. 66 to No. 9 the first week it could be rented from Netflix and Redbox.
Source Code generated 41 percent of its first-week sales from Blu-ray Disc, significantly higher than the latest weekly percentage for Rango (28 percent) or Limitless (33 percent).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game