The South on the Prowl
Why are productions like "The Hunger Games," Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" and Showtime's "Homeland" all heading south? At the AFCI Locations Show, states like Louisiana, North Carolina and Virginia are raising the competitive bar.
Among the 40 states with incentive programs, contingents from the South will be promoting themselves especially aggressively at the Association of Film Commissioners International Locations Show, taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 15 and 16. Following on the success of films such as The Help and The Hunger Games, states from Mississippi to North Carolina are in Hollywood to make sure they maximize awareness of programs designed to bring shoots home.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR