'Southland' actor joining 'True Blood'
Kevin Alejandro to play an orderly in HBO's vampire drama
"Southland" co-star Kevin Alejandro is staying in the South with another high-profile series gig, joining Alan Ball's vampire drama "True Blood."
Alejandro, expected to appear in almost every episode of the HBO series' upcoming third season, will play Jesus, a Latino orderly who is taking care of Ruby Jean Reynolds (Alfre Woodard) at her care facility and becomes involved with her son, Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis).
Alejandro continues to be attached as a regular to "Southland," which recently moved from NBC to TNT. Because of the cable network's plan to air the 13 produced episodes of the cop drama, starting Jan. 12, before making a decision whether to order a second season, Alejandro can accommodate "Blood" while keeping his obligation to "Southland."
Alejandro, repped by Main Title and attorney Jason Hendler, co-starred on "Shark," "Drive," "Ugly Betty" and recently recurred on "Weeds."
On "Blood," he joins such other new additions as Denis O'Hare, Marshall Allman, Theo Alexander, Grant Bowler, Joe Manganiello and Lindsay Pulsipher.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR