Producer Marc Shmuger to Chronicle the Space (Suit) Race with 'Fashioning Apollo'
Kat Likkel and John Hoberg are adapting the story of a group of seamstresses who created spacesuits for Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin.
Producer Marc Shmuger is setting up Spacesuit: Fashioning Apollo, a film version of Nicholas de Monchaux’s book of the same name. Kat Likkel and John Hoberg have signed on to adapt the novel.
Monchaux’s book details the true story of a group of seamstresses from Playtex who designed and created the spacesuit that allowed Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to walk on the moon during the Apollo 11 landing in 1969. They beat out top military contractors to win a contract from NASA to design the spacesuit.
In a press release, Shmuger championed the material’s patriotic roots and underdog appeal. “The feat of putting a man on the moon stands as our nation’s proudest moment," Shmuger said. "This monumental achievement would never have been possible were it not for the perseverance and ingenuity of this unforgettable team of dreamers. It’s a long way from the shop floor of Playtex to the surface of the moon, and this incredible story tracks how it happened.”
Spacesuit marks the first feature project for Likkel and Hoberg, a married writing team. Their previous efforts include writing and production work on My Name is Earl and Better Off Ted. Although no distributor has been announced, Shmuger’s company, Global Produce, has a first-look producing deal at Universal.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!