Spanish Soccer Star Andres Iniesta to Make Film Debut in Comedy
The shy FC Barcelona and national team player has a cameo in Santi Amodeo's "Who Killed Bambi?"
MADRID – Spanish soccer star Andres Iniesta, who scored the winning goal that ensured Spain the World Cup title in 2010, will make his film debut with a cameo appearance alongside Ernesto Alterio in Santi Amodeo's comedy Who Killed Bambi?
The film, produced by Rodar y Rodar, will be distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing Spain and tells the story of two friends who must find a way to return the president of their company to his home safe and sound after discovering him half-naked in the trunk of their car.
Iniesta, who plays for Spanish club FC Barcelona when not sporting the national team's jersey, is easily Spain's most-loved player, not only for his famous winning goal, but for his soft-spoken, good-sportsman-like manner.
In soccer-crazed Spain, Iniesta is one of the few players that the whole country supports.
Further details about the athlete's cameo weren't immediately clear. Bambi is scheduled for release in Spain on Nov. 15.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR