Where Is Spanky From the 'Little Rascals' Remake Now? Actor Reveals All in Reddit AMA
Travis Tedford, who also was known for Welch's grape juice commercials, spoke about his experiences on set and what he's doing now.
With '90s nostalgia at an all-time high, there was no better time for Travis Tedford to come back into the spotlight. At least for a day or two.
The child actor who played Spanky in the 1994 remake of The Little Rascals held an AMA (Ask Me Anything) Q&A session on Reddit on Thursday evening, and was greeted with hundreds of questions from fans of his work. The 24-year-old gave details about what it was like on set of the film, who he keeps in touch with and what he's been doing ever since. Below are some highlights:
* The girl who played Darla (Brittany Ashton Holmes) was his first kiss -- even though in the film, she is the little love interest of Alfalfa.
* Ironically, the guy who played Alfalfa, Bug Hall, is his best friend from that film.
* Tedford now lives in Texas (he moved back in 2002, when he stopped acting), where he works as an inbound marketing specialist for a credit union.
* After a few years at community college, he plans on attending University of Texas at Arlington to complete his marketing degree.
* He worked the overnight shift at a Wal-Mart, which was highlighted in a 2007 TMZ story that took a photo from his MySpace page showing him wearing a badge from the store.
* He's a big fan of the game Halo 4 and an active X-Box Live player.
* The ballet scene in the film was largely improvised.
* The funniest moment on set: slamming a gavel made with a can of beans and having the beans explode.
* Most of the money he earned from the film was put in a trust fund that he couldn't touch until he was 18. Once he got the money, he paid off car debt and put the rest in savings.
* Life philosophy: "Love is defined by its undefinable nature. Never stop looking for it."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR