Where Is Spanky From the 'Little Rascals' Remake Now? Actor Reveals All in Reddit AMA
With '90s nostalgia at an all-time high, there was no better time for Travis Tedford to come back into the spotlight. At least for a day or two.
The child actor who played Spanky in the 1994 remake of The Little Rascals held an AMA (Ask Me Anything) Q&A session on Reddit on Thursday evening, and was greeted with hundreds of questions from fans of his work. The 24-year-old gave details about what it was like on set of the film, who he keeps in touch with and what he's been doing ever since. Below are some highlights:
* The girl who played Darla (Brittany Ashton Holmes) was his first kiss -- even though in the film, she is the little love interest of Alfalfa.
* Ironically, the guy who played Alfalfa, Bug Hall, is his best friend from that film.
* Tedford now lives in Texas (he moved back in 2002, when he stopped acting), where he works as an inbound marketing specialist for a credit union.
* After a few years at community college, he plans on attending University of Texas at Arlington to complete his marketing degree.
* He worked the overnight shift at a Wal-Mart, which was highlighted in a 2007 TMZ story that took a photo from his MySpace page showing him wearing a badge from the store.
* He's a big fan of the game Halo 4 and an active X-Box Live player.
* The ballet scene in the film was largely improvised.
* The funniest moment on set: slamming a gavel made with a can of beans and having the beans explode.
* Most of the money he earned from the film was put in a trust fund that he couldn't touch until he was 18. Once he got the money, he paid off car debt and put the rest in savings.
* Life philosophy: "Love is defined by its undefinable nature. Never stop looking for it."