'Spartacus' premiere sets Starz record
Friday's series debut is network's most-watched
Starz new original series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" got off to a fairly impressive start Friday evening.
The gory drama pulled 553,000 viewers on Starz and then gathered another 460,000 on Encore, according to Nielsen figures provided to the network.
Those are modest overall numbers, but in Starz' brief history as a player in the original series game, it's easily their most-watched debut yet. It also handily beats the performance of "Crash," whose most recent and final season debuted to 185,000.
The folks at Starz expects once all sources of viewership are tallied, such as DVR and repeats this week, the "Spartacus" premiere will clear two million viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR