SPC has 'Time' for Wong pic
Sony Pictures Classics has acquired North American rights for "My Blueberry Nights" director Wong Kar Wai's reworking of his martial arts-themed "Ashes of Time."
The film, which was repped by Fortissimo Films, is in the final stages of postproduction and is set for release this year. Tentatively titled "Ashes of Time Redux," the film stars some of the biggest names in Chinese cinema: Brigitte Lin, the late Leslie Cheung, Tony Leung Chiu-Wai, Tony Leung Kar-Fai, Charlie Yeung and Maggie Cheung.
The story is set in ancient China where agent Ouyang Feng (Leslie Cheung) is a fallen swordsman driven by greed to both friend and foe.
The sale was brokered by Fortissimo's Michael J. Werner and Wouter Barendrecht and SPC's Michael Barker, Tom Bernard and Dylan Leiner. The deal follows the film's sale to A-Films (Benelux), Audio Visual (Greece), Lusomundo (Portugal), Vertigo (Spain), BIM (Italy) and United King (Israel).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR