SPC takes 'Life, Above All' for N. America
Oliver Schmitz' drama about AIDS orphans in South Africa
COLOGNE, Germany -- Sony Pictures Classics has picked up North American rights to "Life, Above All," Oliver Schmitz' family drama about AIDS orphans in South Africa, from German sales outfit Bavaria Film International.
SPC will handle domestic distribution itself and will likely set up "Life" for a late year release, tying it to a possible Oscar campaign. The indie has used the strategy successfully several times in the past, most recently with 2010 Oscar nominees "The White Ribbon" and "A Prophet."
"Life, Above All" was produced by Dreamer Joint Venture together with Enigma Pictures, Niama Film and Senator Film. The film premiered in Cannes in May.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR