How to Speak “Mumblecore”
Sundance recognizes the “indie genre” just as it is coming to an end.
The mumblecore movement is speaking a lot more clearly these days. By programming work from Joe Swanberg, Michael Tully and Todd Rohal — filmmakers largely identified with the newest indie subculture — Sundance seems to have declared the mumblecore aesthetic ready for the indie mainstream. But does that signal the evolution of the movement, or does it stick a pin in its relevance?
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR