'The Spectacular Now' Trailer: Shailene Woodley Takes on Teenage Anxieties (Video)
Woodley and co-star Miles Teller were awarded the Special Jury Prize for Acting at the Sundance Film Festival.
The first trailer for the Sundance darling The Spectacular Now has been released.
The coming-of-age film is based on a young-adult novel by Tim Tharp with a screenplay penned by Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber, the (500) Days of Summer writing team.
The Spectacular Now follows Sutter Keely (Miles Teller), a self-possessed but unmotivated high school senior who meets and begins a relationship with Aimee (Shailene Woodley), a smart classmate who has a promising future.
Woodley (The Descendants) and Teller (Footloose) were both awarded a Special Jury Prize at the Park City-based film festival for their performances in the adolescent comedy drama.
In his Sundance film review, The Hollywood Reporter's Todd McCarthy lauded the film as "a sincere, refreshingly unaffected look at teenagers and their attitudes about the future."
The Spectacular Now hits theaters Aug. 2.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR