Sphere Media inks with APA for new formats
French-language shows to be licensed in U.S.
TORONTO -- Canadian producer Sphere Media on Tuesday signed with APA Talent and Literary Agency to get its French-language TV shows licensed as English-language formats in the U.S. TV market.
The move follows Montreal-based Sphere Media producing "Sophie" for ABC Family after it was adapted from the Radio-Canada series "Les hauts et les bas de Sophie Paquin" (The Highs and Lows of Sophie Paquin).
Sphere Media also produced "Rumours," based on the Radio-Canada comedy "Rumeurs," for the CBC in English-speaking Canada.
Sphere Media, founded in 1997 by Jocelyn Deschenes, also has in its catalog TVA's "Annie et ses homes" (Annie and Her Men) and Radio-Canada's "Le monde de Charlotte" (The World of Charlotte).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR