Spice Girls Reunite to Promote New Musical
"Viva Forever!," which is based on the '90s pop group's music, opens at the Piccadilly Theatre in London's West End on December 11.
Posh, Scary, Baby, Sporty and Ginger Spice are back together again.
Or, at least they were on Tuesday for a brief promotional event to announce a musical based on their music from the 1990s.
Former Spice Girls members Victoria Beckham, Melanie Brown, Emma Bunton, Melanie Chisholm and Geri Halliwell gathered together Tuesday in London 12 years after they split for the announcement of Viva Forever!, opening at the Piccadilly Theatre in London's West End on December 11.
The promotional event, which took place at the same hotel where the group filmed the video for 1996’s “Wannabe,” was the first time the British pop group had been together since their reunion tour in 2007 and 2008.
Viva Forever! comes from Mamma Mia producer Judy Craymer, and will be written by British comedian Jennifer Saunders. The story is about a group of friends “who get swept up in the obsession of today’s TV celebrity culture,” according to producers.
The Spice Girls rocketed to fame in the ‘90s after the release of their smash hit “Wannabe.” Their debut album, Spice, sold more than 28 million copies worldwide and became the best-selling album by a female group in music history. In 1997, they released the film Spiceworld and after Halliwell left the group in 1998, they went on to release their third album, Forever.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR