'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' Cast Performs on 'Late Show With David Letterman'
Three cast members from the troubled Broadway musical gave a subdued performance of "Rise Above," a song from the show's first act.
The cast of Spider-Men: Turn Off the Dark performed a song from the troubled Broadway musical on CBS' Late Show With David Letterman on Tuesday night.
Reeve Carney (Peter Parker/Spider-Man), Jennifer Damiano (Mary Jane Watson) and T.V. Carpio (Arache) performed "Rise Above," a song from the show's first act, on the late-night show.
Despite all the special effects the $65 million production reportedly features, the performance was pretty subdued.
The musical has been plagued with opening-night delays, cast injuries and departures and scathing reviews. The Late Show appearance was part of a media blitz -- which also included a cast appearance on CBS' Early Show on Tuesday morning -- aimed at combating some of the negative buzz ahead of the official March 15 opening.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'