Spike Jonze's 'Her' Release Date Shifts One Month
The Warner Bros. pic stars Joaquin Phoenix as a lonely man who falls in love with his computer's operating system.
Warner Bros. has shifted the release date for Spike Jonze's upcoming film Her.
The film will open in an awards push in select theaters Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013, and wide Jan. 10, 2014. It originally was slated for limited release one month earlier on Nov. 20.
Starring Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams, Rooney Mara, Olivia Wilde and Scarlett Johansson, Her will make its world premiere as the closing-night film at the 51st New York Film Festival in the fall.
Jonze wrote and directed the futuristic pic, which follows a lonely man (Phoenix) who falls in love with his computer's Siri-like operating system (voiced by Johansson).
The new date means the film -- which was produced by Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures -- will have its limited release the same Wednesday as wide release Monuments Men, which is directed by and stars George Clooney. The other wide releases that weekend are comedy sequel Anchorman: The Legend Continues and family pic Walking with Dinosaurs.
The film's Jan. 10 wide release is the same date that Peter Berg's Lone Survivor will expand nationwide. Wide releases include horror pic Jessabelle and Relativity's Echo.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR