Spike Lee's Agent Leaves CAA (Exclusive)
Billy Hawkins also repped "Iron Man" writers Art Marcum and Matt Holloway.
CAA agent Billy Hawkins is leaving the company to join a Los Angeles-based technology startup.
Hawkins worked on the literary side, repping filmmaker Spike Lee, writers Art Marcum and Matt Holloway (Iron Man), and Josh Boone, who is directing the adaptation of Josh Green's novel The Fault in Our Stars. He has been with the company since 2002.
Hawkins will now work to transition his clients to other agents within CAA.
Details of the tech firm were not revealed, but the move, which marks a lifestyle change for Hawkins, is a return to his early entrepreneurial roots. Prior to working at CAA, he was an investment banker and worked in the technology group at Morgan Stanley.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)