Spike Lee's Agent Leaves CAA (Exclusive)
Billy Hawkins also repped "Iron Man" writers Art Marcum and Matt Holloway.
CAA agent Billy Hawkins is leaving the company to join a Los Angeles-based technology startup.
Hawkins worked on the literary side, repping filmmaker Spike Lee, writers Art Marcum and Matt Holloway (Iron Man), and Josh Boone, who is directing the adaptation of Josh Green's novel The Fault in Our Stars. He has been with the company since 2002.
Hawkins will now work to transition his clients to other agents within CAA.
Details of the tech firm were not revealed, but the move, which marks a lifestyle change for Hawkins, is a return to his early entrepreneurial roots. Prior to working at CAA, he was an investment banker and worked in the technology group at Morgan Stanley.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR