Spike Promotes Pair, Adds Two More in Original Series Push
Chris Rantamaki and Justin Lacob have been upped, while Hayley Lozitsky and Kevin Bartel have joined the department.
Spike TV is solidifying its original series department, promoting two and adding another pair as it continues to expand its commitment to new programming.
As part of the push, Chris Rantamaki has been promoted to senior vp original series, where he'll oversee development and production. Since joining Spike in April 2011, he's been a key player in developing Ink Master, the cable network's highest-rated series, as well as Tattoo Nightmares, Urban Tarzan and more. He continues to report to Sharon Levy, Spike's exec vp original series.
"The original series team’s expansion reflects our ever-continuing goal to create distinctive, bold shows geared toward a more-gender balanced audience,” Levy said in a statement announcing the moves Wednesday. “We are developing more original series than ever before, and we are bringing in two real superstars in Kevin Bartel and Hayley Lozitsky to join one of the best development teams in the business.”
Additionally, Justin Lacob has been upped from director to vp original series. In his previous post, he oversaw Bar Rescue and Savage Family Diggers. He'll now focus on developing two of the network's highly anticipated series: Tattoo Rescue and 10 Million Dollar Big Foot Bounty. He'll work wit h Levy and members of the team in developing the network's scripted miniseries.
New vp original series include Hayley Lozitsky, who comes from Ellen Rakieten Entertainment and Kevin Bartel, who was at All3Media America.
The moves come as Spike TV senior vp Tim Duffy plans to exit the company in the fall to launch a production company with his twin brother, Mike Duffy.
"Tim has been an invaluable asset to me and a tremendous force in developing some of Spike's signature series," Levy said. "While we will miss Tim on our team, we are very excited to partner with him on a development deal as he sets out to create our next hit series with his new production company. We wish him tremendous luck and a big thank you for his time here.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)