Spike Teams With Film Duo for Nonscripted Fare
The male-skewing network has pacted with Josh and Dan Braun at Submarine Entertainment to identify and create original series.
Spike TV is continuing its push into original programming, pacting with film veterans Josh and Dan Braun at Submarine Entertainment.
Submarine's Josh Braun, previously head of sales at Fremantle where he focused on producing theatrical releases including A History of Violence, and Dan Braun will identifu and create nonscripted programming for the male-skewing cable network.
"This deal signifies Spike's commitment to finding fresh voices outside the traditional non-scripted world," said Sharon Levy, exec vp original series at Spike. "No one is better at identifying film makers with unique stories to tell than Josh Braun, and now he will help find them for Spike."
The duo currently is in Park City and stand as Sundance's top seller, closing deals for features including Queen of Versailles and Searching for Sugar Man.
The news comes as Spike has grown its slate with original projects including Auction Hunters, Flip Men and Repo Games.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR