Tom Zappala Named New EVP of Programming at Spike TV
Zappala comes from Disney/ABC Cable Networks Group, where he served as executive vice president of acquisitions and scheduling.
Spike TV announced Thursday that it's tapped Tom Zappala as executive vice president, programming.
In his new position, Zappala will oversee the network's scheduling, media planning and acquisitions as the male-skewing channel works to expand its demographic.
“We are thrilled to have one of the top programmers in the industry join our team,” said Spike TV president Kevin Kay. “Tom has a proven track record of success and we look forward to utilizing his wealth of programming experience as Spike continues to grow and expand its audience.”
Zappala recently worked at Disney/ABC Cable Networks Group as executive vice president of acquisitions and scheduling, where his responsibilities included overseeing digital scheduling of ABC Family. His notable acquisitions included Cyberbully, Another Cinderella Story and Picture This, with co-produced extensions of the Bring It On and Cutting Edge franchises.
He had previously worked at Viacom as senior vice president, programming.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR