'Splash' Producer Eyeworks Buys Finnish Shingle
The Dutch format group behind the ABC celebrity diving show will acquire Nordisk Film TV Finland, rebranding it Eyeworks Finland.
COLOGNE, Germany -- Dutch formats specialist Eyeworks, the group behind ABC celebrity diving show Splash, has acquired Nordisk Film TV Finland, a regional production group known for its successful remakes of international reality series.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
The group, which will be renamed Eyeworks Finland, will be run by Nordisk's TV programming manager, Antti Vaisanen, who has been appointed managing director. MRP, a feature film and documentary company that merged with Nordisk Film TV Finland, will not be part of the new Eyeworks Finland company.
Nordisk's Finnish operations are run separately from the company's production shingles in nearby Norway, Sweden and Denmark, all of which were sold to France's Banijay Group in 2009.
The deal is indicative of the continued consolidation on the independent television production market, with larger pan-national groups scooping up regional indies. Eyeworks now has offices across Scandinavia, Benelux, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, New Zealand and Australia as well as in the U.S.
The global success of Splash, as well as Eyeworks' other reality show formats, helped the Dutch group achieve its best year ever in 2012, with the company boosting revenues by 6 percent to $328 million (€251 million) and booking a record profit of $18.1 million (€13.9 million).
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead