Splendid Film Picks Up Schwarzenegger-starrer ‘Black Sands’ for Germany/Benelux
Splendid also takes rights to De Niro/Travolta actioner “Killing Season” and Paul Walker-starrer “Hours.”
COLOGNE, Germany – German indie Splendid Film, one of the big buyers at this year’s American Film Market, has further pumped up its 2012 slate, acquiring rights in German-speaking Europe and Benelux for Black Sands, the action drama starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and directed by Act of Valor team Mike McCoy and Scott Waugh. Black Sands, which sees Schwarzenegger taking on arms dealer and his private army, is currently in pre-production with delivery set for 2013.
Splendid has also snatched up rights in Germany and Benelux for upcoming actioners Hours starring Paul Walker and Killing Season featuring Robert De Niro and John Travolta. Other acquisitions include Australian sci-fi thriller Skylab and U.S. horror title You’re Next.
Splendid upcoming slate also includes another Schwarzenegger title, Jee-woon Kim’s drug cartel thriller Last Stand, hotly-anticipated fantasy actioner I, Frankenstein with Aaron Eckhart and Asian actioner Guillotines from director Andrew Lau.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'