Stan Lee's NHL-Themed 'Guardian Project' Created Using Video Game Technology
The superhero franchise, which could spawn an online game and TV series, is the first project to develop "Hollywood animation through a game engine," says co-creator.
RALEIGH, N.C. -- Stan Lee's latest venture, The Guardian Project, a collection of 30 superheroes inspired by each of the National Hockey League teams, was unveiled Sunday as a short film with voice-over by Lee that played on the ice, on the JumboTron and on a huge round movie screen during the 58th NHL All-Star Game intermission at the RBC Center and on the Versus and CBC Networks telecasts of the game.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR