Stanley Tucci and Cloris Leachman Join 'Gambit'
The caper film, starring Colin Firth and Cameron Diaz, is currently shooting in London.
CANNES -- Stanley Tucci and Cloris Leachman have joined Colin Firth and Cameron Diaz in Gambit, the remake of the 1966 Michael Caine-Shirley MacLaine caper movie.
The movie features a script by Joel and Ethan Coen and is directed by Michael Hoffman (The Last Station). Mike Lobell is producing alongside Crime Scene Pictures partners Adam Ripp and Rob Paris, who are also financing.
The movie, which is shooting now in London, will be distributed domestically by CBS Films.
Gambit centers on a British thief (Firth) who comes up with a fool-proof plan to steal an expensive statue from one of the richest men in the world. His strategy involves the participation of a beautiful woman (Diaz) who happens to be the spitting image of the rich man's late wife. But nothing goes as planned.
FilmNation is handling international sales.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws