Staples Center Unveils Mobile App
L.A. arena also updates website to make it easier to buy tickets, get venue information.
Los Angeles’ Staples Center on Tuesday launched a redesigned website and a mobile app that will provide excusive offers and discounts.
The app offers a listing of all events at Staples Center, a photo gallery, a fan chat feature, the ability to buy tickets and merchandise and updates on events and ticketing information. The free app, powered by Mobile Roadie, can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store and the Android Market.
The new staplescenter.com has an upgraded search engine, is designed to be more user-friendly and features integrated social media functions. Staples Center reached a milestone this month, with more than 40,000 fans on Facebook and more than 10,000 followers on Twitter.
“Social media has grown so much over the past few years,” said Lee Zeidman, senior vp and GM of Staples Center, “and we feel it is important to stay connected with our fans and guests and by upgrading our website and creating a free mobile app that gives them all of the important venue information like parking, seating maps, frequently asked guest-services questions and the ability to buy tickets right at their fingertips on their mobile device.”
Home to the NHL’s Kings, the NBA’s Lakers and Clippers and the WNBA’s Sparks, Staples also hosts more than 40 concerts, family shows and special events annually.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack