‘Star Trek’ TV Scores Coming to CD
A 15-disc box set featuring music from the likes of Alexander Courage, George Duning and Jerry Fielding is due this fall.
Here’s something for the Star Trek fan who has everything.
A limited edition 15-CD box set that showcases all episode scores as heard in all three original seasons of the 1966-69 series is expected from La-La Land Records this fall. The music has been remastered from studio elements and features hours of material previously unreleased in any format.
Alexander Courage, George Duning, Jerry Fielding, Gerald Fried, Fred Steiner (all Oscar nominees), Sol Kaplan, Samuel Matlovsky and Joseph Mullendore, all of whom composed music for the NBC series, will be represented in Star Trek: The Original Series Soundtrack Collection. Some of their worknever made it to air.
A 100-page CD booklet, featuring in-depth liner notes from film music writer and Star Trek historian Jeff Bond, complements the set, which will be housed in a hardcover slipcase.
“The original show was very theatrical,” Bond said. “So the music reflected that. It was huge and very expressive and thematic. And that makes it very exciting to listen to apart from the show.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera