‘Star Trek’ TV Scores Coming to CD
A 15-disc box set featuring music from the likes of Alexander Courage, George Duning and Jerry Fielding is due this fall.
Here’s something for the Star Trek fan who has everything.
A limited edition 15-CD box set that showcases all episode scores as heard in all three original seasons of the 1966-69 series is expected from La-La Land Records this fall. The music has been remastered from studio elements and features hours of material previously unreleased in any format.
Alexander Courage, George Duning, Jerry Fielding, Gerald Fried, Fred Steiner (all Oscar nominees), Sol Kaplan, Samuel Matlovsky and Joseph Mullendore, all of whom composed music for the NBC series, will be represented in Star Trek: The Original Series Soundtrack Collection. Some of their worknever made it to air.
A 100-page CD booklet, featuring in-depth liner notes from film music writer and Star Trek historian Jeff Bond, complements the set, which will be housed in a hardcover slipcase.
“The original show was very theatrical,” Bond said. “So the music reflected that. It was huge and very expressive and thematic. And that makes it very exciting to listen to apart from the show.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills