Star Of U.K.'s 'Shameless' Lands Lead In BBC Drama 'What Remains'
David Threlfall stars in the public broadcaster's drama written by Tony Basgallop and directed by Coky Giedroyc.
LONDON -- David Threlfall, who made his name with his turn as Frank Gallagher in Channel 4's Shameless in the U.K., leads an all-star cast for BBC drama What Remains.
Threfall stars alongside Russell Tovey (Being Human), Stephen Mackintosh (Criminal Justice), David Bamber (The King’s Speech), Victoria Hamilton (Lark Rise To Candleford), Indira Varma (Luther) and Claudie Blakely (The Night Watch).
It marks Threlfall's first TV role since starring in Shameless.
Written by Tony Basgallop (Inside Men), this four hour-long episodes of the show, billed as a state-of-the-nation whodunit, is directed by Coky Giedroyc (The Hour) and made for the channel by BBC Drama Production.
It details the story of a young couple who move into an apartment only to discover the remains of a woman who has not been seen for over two years but was never registered as missing. Trelfall plays the police detective sent to investigate.
What Remains is produced by Grainne Marmion (Small Island) and executive produced by Hilary Salmon.
The show is commissioned by Ben Stephenson, controller of BBC drama commissioning and BBC One controller Danny Cohen.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR