'Star Wars' Blu-ray Sets to be Released in Sept.
Fox Home Entertainment will release George Lucas' Star Wars films in three distinct Blu-ray sets in September.
Star Wars: The Complete Saga will feature all six live-action features, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes and an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives.
A Prequel Trilogy will include Episodes I through III (The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith), and an Original Blu-ray Trilogy set will include Episodes IV-VI (1977's A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Backand Return of the Jedi).
The Complete Saga will carry a suggested retail price of $139.99, and the Trilogy sets will go for $69.99. Amazon was taking pre-orders at lower prices on Thursday.
"The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format," Fox Home Entertainment president Mike Dunn said Thursday at CES. "The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!