'Star Wars' Blu-ray Sets to be Released in Sept.
Fox Home Entertainment will release George Lucas' Star Wars films in three distinct Blu-ray sets in September.
Star Wars: The Complete Saga will feature all six live-action features, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes and an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives.
A Prequel Trilogy will include Episodes I through III (The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith), and an Original Blu-ray Trilogy set will include Episodes IV-VI (1977's A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Backand Return of the Jedi).
The Complete Saga will carry a suggested retail price of $139.99, and the Trilogy sets will go for $69.99. Amazon was taking pre-orders at lower prices on Thursday.
"The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format," Fox Home Entertainment president Mike Dunn said Thursday at CES. "The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed