Stars to meet the public at Abu Dhabi fest
Adrien Brody, Julianne Moore, Uma Thurman to go walkabout
LONDON -- Adrien Brody, Julianne Moore and Uma Thurman have signed up to put in the hours at this year's Abu Dhabi Film Festival with a series of "meet the public" events for each.
Organizers of this year's event, which runs Oct. 14 through 23, said the trio of U.S. stars will be joined in the off red carpet engagements by leading stars of the Arab world including Khaled Abol Naga, Lebleba, Yehia El Fakharany and Yosra.
Abu Dhabi Film Festival executive director Peter Scarlett said the move to take the stars walkabout means attendees will find out about the Emirati.
"Film festivals are, among other things, about developing or maintaining professional relationships. But filmmakers and stars also want to know about the people and the places they visit, just as much as audiences want the chance to see these luminaries in person," Scarlett said, "We see the Festival as a means for our guests to discover Abu Dhabi and for our public to have experiences that open up the world in ways they might not have expected."
Held at the Abu Dhabi Theater and the Festival Tent at the Emirates Palace, the Festival's Encounters series aims to give the public an insight into the experiences and current projects of some of the world's top actors.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR