Stars to meet the public at Abu Dhabi fest
Adrien Brody, Julianne Moore, Uma Thurman to go walkabout
LONDON -- Adrien Brody, Julianne Moore and Uma Thurman have signed up to put in the hours at this year's Abu Dhabi Film Festival with a series of "meet the public" events for each.
Organizers of this year's event, which runs Oct. 14 through 23, said the trio of U.S. stars will be joined in the off red carpet engagements by leading stars of the Arab world including Khaled Abol Naga, Lebleba, Yehia El Fakharany and Yosra.
Abu Dhabi Film Festival executive director Peter Scarlett said the move to take the stars walkabout means attendees will find out about the Emirati.
"Film festivals are, among other things, about developing or maintaining professional relationships. But filmmakers and stars also want to know about the people and the places they visit, just as much as audiences want the chance to see these luminaries in person," Scarlett said, "We see the Festival as a means for our guests to discover Abu Dhabi and for our public to have experiences that open up the world in ways they might not have expected."
Held at the Abu Dhabi Theater and the Festival Tent at the Emirates Palace, the Festival's Encounters series aims to give the public an insight into the experiences and current projects of some of the world's top actors.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!