Stars Who've Battled Bipolar Disorder
Catherine Zeta Jones announced Wednesday that she checked in to a mental facility for treatment of Bipolar II disorder.
The actress is not alone in her struggle with the mental illness. Carrie Fisher revealed she suffers from Bipolar II, in which people can have both manic and depressive symptoms occur at the same time.
Terminator star Linda Hamilton, Dateline NBC's Jane Pauley, Russell Brand, Mel Gibson, Britney Spears, Brian Wilson and Pete Wentz have all also been linked to the disorder."I have not been an easygoing guy. I think it's called bipolar manic depression. I've got a rich history of that in my family. I'm not proud of the fact that I lost my temper. Sometimes you just [expletive] up," Ben Stiller has said. Phil Spector, who is currently seeking a third trial to appeal his 2009 murder conviction, has also said he suffered from the disease. "I have a bipolar personality ... I have devils inside that fight me. And I'm my own worst enemy."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR