Starz Animation Studio Renamed Arc Productions
Under new Canadian ownership, former Starz animation and visual effects studios rebrands.
TORONTO -- Under new Canadian control, Starz Animation Toronto has been rebranded as Arc Productions.
The move follows U.S.-based Starz selling a majority stake in the Toronto animation and visual effects studio to a local consortium. Arc Productions will continue to do animation and visual effects on a fee-for-work basis, including work for Starz’ Camelot mini-series and Robosapien: Rebooted, a live-action family feature from Arad Productions.
The studio’s slate includes Dolphin Tale, a fall 2011 release from Alcon Entertainment and Warner Bros. that stars Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd.
Arc Productions is also looking to do more proprietary production, where it holds rights to projects it completes. The studio has just unveiled plans for a stereoscopic CG animated movie with the working title OZ3D, having pacted with Multiple Media Entertainment and Gigapix Studios.
Gigapix Studios acquired the U.S. rights to the $20 million wizard movie. Starz remains a minority shareholder in Arc Productions.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR