Starz Animation Studio Renamed Arc Productions
Under new Canadian ownership, former Starz animation and visual effects studios rebrands.
TORONTO -- Under new Canadian control, Starz Animation Toronto has been rebranded as Arc Productions.
The move follows U.S.-based Starz selling a majority stake in the Toronto animation and visual effects studio to a local consortium. Arc Productions will continue to do animation and visual effects on a fee-for-work basis, including work for Starz’ Camelot mini-series and Robosapien: Rebooted, a live-action family feature from Arad Productions.
The studio’s slate includes Dolphin Tale, a fall 2011 release from Alcon Entertainment and Warner Bros. that stars Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd.
Arc Productions is also looking to do more proprietary production, where it holds rights to projects it completes. The studio has just unveiled plans for a stereoscopic CG animated movie with the working title OZ3D, having pacted with Multiple Media Entertainment and Gigapix Studios.
Gigapix Studios acquired the U.S. rights to the $20 million wizard movie. Starz remains a minority shareholder in Arc Productions.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama