Starz CEO Chris Albrecht's Compensation Jumps 130 Percent to $12.9 Million
President Glenn Curtis receives 57 percent increase to $2.2 million.
Starz CEO Chris Albrecht made $12.9 million in 2012, up from $5.6 million a year earlier, according to a regulatory filing Friday.
The huge bump was because of option awards, which amounted to $11 million in 2012 as opposed to $3.3 million a year ago.
Starz president Glenn Curtis was paid $2.2 million, up from $1.4 million.
Scott Macdonald, the company's new CFO, made $1.6 million, slightly more than general counsel Steven Beabout.
Edward Huguez, president of sales and affiliate marketing at Starz Entertainment, made $1.6 million, up from $1 million, and Carmi Zlotnik, managing director at Starz Entertainment, earned $2.2 million, up from $1.5 million.
Last week, sister company Liberty Media reported that CEO Gregory Maffei earned $57.2 million in 2012, up from $3.2 million a year earlier. Liberty cited possible changes in taxes because of "fiscal cliff" concerns as the reason for showering Malone with more stock options in 2012. Likewise, Starz gave a similar reason Friday for Albrecht's healthy boost in stock options.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)