Starz CEO Chris Albrecht's Compensation Jumps 130 Percent to $12.9 Million
President Glenn Curtis receives 57 percent increase to $2.2 million.
Starz CEO Chris Albrecht made $12.9 million in 2012, up from $5.6 million a year earlier, according to a regulatory filing Friday.
The huge bump was because of option awards, which amounted to $11 million in 2012 as opposed to $3.3 million a year ago.
Starz president Glenn Curtis was paid $2.2 million, up from $1.4 million.
Scott Macdonald, the company's new CFO, made $1.6 million, slightly more than general counsel Steven Beabout.
Edward Huguez, president of sales and affiliate marketing at Starz Entertainment, made $1.6 million, up from $1 million, and Carmi Zlotnik, managing director at Starz Entertainment, earned $2.2 million, up from $1.5 million.
Last week, sister company Liberty Media reported that CEO Gregory Maffei earned $57.2 million in 2012, up from $3.2 million a year earlier. Liberty cited possible changes in taxes because of "fiscal cliff" concerns as the reason for showering Malone with more stock options in 2012. Likewise, Starz gave a similar reason Friday for Albrecht's healthy boost in stock options.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!