Starz Entertainment President Bill Myers Resigns
After 10 years with Starz, Myers is stepping down from a position that currently entails all day-to-day operations of the company, including sales, marketing, programming and engineering.
Starz Entertainment President Bill Myers is stepping down.
Myers, who also serves as chief operating officer, has been with the company for a decade. He had been responsible for all day-to-day operations of the company, including sales, marketing, programming and engineering. There is not yet a succession or restructuring plan in place, nor is there a timeline for such events.
“Bill has contributed greatly in driving Starz’s growth and success. We are enormously grateful for his 10 years of service and wish him well in his future endeavors," said Starz LLC chief executive Chris Albrecht.
The news comes some two years after Albrecht took the helm, and has pushed the company's premium cable network in the direction of broader, more popcorn fare with an eye on international co-productions. Recent series efforts include Kelsey Grammer's Boss and upcoming drama Magic City.
Earlier this month, Albrecht told reporters gathered for the Television Critics Association's winter press tour that he is "trying to create a brand in a very sort of truncated period of time for ourselves with original programming and ramp up from sort of a standstill."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR