Starz Picks Up Three Kids Series from French Producer Alphanim
The pay TV network nabbed “The Green Squad,” and “Toto Trouble” and the second season to “Gawayn” from the Gaumout subsidiary.
COLOGNE, Germany – Starz has added renewed the animated adventure comedy Gawayn from producer Alphanim and picked up two more of the new kids cartoon series – The Green Squad and Toto Trouble - from the French group, which is controlled by Gaumont.
Starz already airs several of Alphanim's kids shows, including Hairy Scary, Zombie Hotel, Matt's Monsters and Santa's Apprentice.
The Green Squad is an ecological travel show aimed at children. Toto Trouble, based on a comic book, is a elementary-school-targeted series set around Toto, the “most famous kid on the playground.”
In addition to the Starz deal, Alphanim signed multiple international deals for its kids line up, with ABC Australian picking up the second season of Gawayn, Disney Channel in South Korea buying the Pacific Island-set cartoon Mouss & Boubidi and Megamax taking all three seasons of Alphanim's Galactik Football for the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR