Starz, Sky Atlantic to Co-Produce 'Fortitude' Drama Series
The project, centered on the aftermath of a violent murder, comes from Simon Donald.
Starz and U.K.'s Sky Atlantic are teaming up for crime drama Fortitude.
From Simon Donald (Low Winter Sun), Fortitude centers on how a violent murder of a British research scientist affects a close-knit community with the unsettling horror threatening the future of the town itself. Sheriff Dan Anderssen, local head of police, leads a world-class search and rescue team in the death of the scientist and he is forced to work alongside DCI Milton Baldwell, a British detective who's flown into Fortitude. As the search for the killer continues and the suspect list grows, each cop finds compelling reasons to mistrust the other.
Executive producers are Anne Mensah and Madonna Baptiste for Sky Atlantic; Patrick Spence and Donald for Fifty Fathoms and Tiger Aspect; and Colin Callender for Starz.
Fortitude will air 13 episodes, and marks the first co-production pact between Sky Atlantic and Starz. Production begins later this year and make its premiere in U.K. and U.S. in 2014. Castings will be announced shortly.
Fortitude joins a slate of original projects from Sky Atlantic, which include miniseries Hit & Miss and detective thriller Falcon. Recently announced projects include Fleming (working title) and The Tunnel. Sky Atlantic hopes to increase original British content by 50 percent.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed