Stefanie von Pfetten Takes CBC 'Cracked' Pilot Lead
The Canadian actress will play a top elite cop unit member in a police procedural from White Pines Pictures.
TORONTO -- Stefanie von Pfetten (Battlestar Galactica) has landed the lead role in Cracked, the White Pines Pictures’ police procedural pilot for the Canadian Broadcasting Corp.
Von Pfetten will play Daniella, a psychologist in the Abnormal and Violent Crime Unit, and a partner to Aiden, a veteran sergeant played by David Sutcliffe.
She just completed a TV movie, Goodnight For Justice, with Luke Perry.
The character-driven Cracked pilot portrays cops and psychiatric nurses looking for the bad guy in the world of the emotionally disturbed.
The script for the one hour pilot was written by Tracey Forbes (Flashpoint, The Bridge), and will be directed by Tim Southam.
Cracked was inspired by Calum de Hartog, who worked for 10 years as a Toronto beat cop before bringing those experiences to the TV screen.
Susan Morgan is a creative producer on Cracked, with White Pines president Peter Raymont, Forbes and Janice Dawe sharing the executive producer credits.
Von Pfetten is represented by Gladys Gonzalez of John Carrabino Management, Roxanne Kinsman of Play Management and Neil Meyer.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short