Pret-a-Reporter

Stella McCartney, Grimes Talk Tour Wardrobe, Eco-Friendly Fashion

Zak Kaczmarek/WireImage/Getty Images
Grimes at St. Jerome's Laneway Festival

The 27-year-old is also the face of McCartney's eco-friendly fragrance, Pop.

Stella McCartney has volunteered for the challenge of outfitting eccentric synth-pop musician Grimes when she goes on tour with Florence + The Machine this spring.

Though she isn't confirmed to dress the singer, she suggests the deal in her interview with the 27-year-old for Teen Vogue's April issue, in which they discussed everything from Grimes' music-making process to her on-stage style. 

"I make sure that I look like trash about 20 percent of the time," said Grimes to McCartney during their chat in the designer's backyard, adding that she's even taken to the stage wearing clothing that she's slept in. But if she looks like "trash" 20 percent of the time, then the other 80 percent of her wardrobe is definitely high fashion. The Canada native sat front row at Dior and Louis Vuitton last year, was outfitted in Versace in her spacey "Kill V. Maim" video and rocked Proenza Schouler at the 2015 CFDA Fashion Awards.

"I'm devastated," joked McCartney of Grimes' underdressed ways. "I’m doing your wardrobe for your next tour. I’m going to have a rack of Stella clothes meet you wherever you go, with fake furs." 

The two have bonded recently over their ethical approach to fashion and beauty, resulting in a new partnership for McCartney's eco-friendly perfume, Pop. 

The British designer isn't the only fashion brand to seek a music personality partnership as of late. Just today, Gucci announced their partnership with Florence Welch, and Calvin Klein is taking their relationship with Justin Bieber to the next level, outfitting the star for his "Purpose" tour. Last week, Burberry scored big by revealing that they would be outfitting Adele for her upcoming tour. 

 

A photo posted by Teen Vogue (@teenvogue) on

comments powered by Disqus