Stellan Skarsgard, 61, Welcomes Baby Number 8
The star of "The Avengers" now has seven sons and one daughter.
With roles in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Avengers under his belt, plus upcoming turns in Thor: The Dark World and Lars Von Triers' sexually explicit The Nymphomaniac, Sweden's Stellan Skarsgard remains one of cinema's busiest actors.
But his prolificacy extends beyond his professional life: Skarsgard, 61, has become a father for the eighth time on Friday, a rep for the actor confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
The child, a healthy boy, was born to wife Megan Everett in Stockholm. The couple shares one other child, three-year-old son Ossian.
The other six children -- Alexander, Gustaf, Sam, Bill, Valter and Eija -- come from Skarsgard's previous marriage to My Skarsgard.
Four of them are actors, with none better known than Alexander, who plays vampire Eric Northman on HBO's True Blood and currently stars in his own Calvin Klein fragrance campaign.
But will the newest addition to the family follow in dad's footsteps? Time will tell.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'