Stephanie Denton To Arc Productions' U.S. Office
The former Lionsgate Films International executive is to head up the Los Angeles sales office for the Toronto 3D animation studio behind "Gnomeo & Juliet."
TORONTO -- Stephanie Denton, former president of film sales for Lionsgate Films International, has been tapped by Toronto 3D animation studio Arc Productions to head up its Los Angeles office.
Denton, who also earlier served as president of distribution at Initial Entertainment, becomes senior vp of sales and business development for the former Starz Animation Toronto studio.
The animation facility, which animated Gnomeo & Juliet for Miramax Films and Elton John’s Rocket Pictures, was recently taken over and rebranded by a Canadian consortium.
Denton’s role will be enticing more Hollywood studios to bring their projects to the Canadian cartoon factory to exploit up-front cost savings from local film and digital tax credits.
The Canadian group that acquired a majority stake in Starz Animation Toronto from U.S. media giant Starz Media is also expanding the studio’s development slate to include indie productions, more intellectual property and international co-productions.
Starz remains a minority shareholder in the Toronto cartoon maker.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR