Stephen Colbert's Sister Running for Congress in South Carolina
Elizabeth Colbert-Busch, who has worked at Clemson University, may end up running against former governor Mark Sanford.
Time to fire up the ol' Colbert Super PAC once again.
After Stephen Colbert made two attempts at running for president, his sister, Elizabeth Colbert-Busch, will file to run in the special election for the open congressional seat from South Carolina's first district, the Washington Post reports. And while the TV satirist Colbert ran as part of a stunt campaign to bring attention to the ills of corporate-funded political races, his sister is truly seeking a spot in Washington.
The director of business development for Clemson University's Wind Turbine Drivetrain Testing Facility, Colbert-Busch is a longtime business woman whose current job sees her finding donors for the school's environmental projects. She is vying for the seat that was left by Tim Scott when he was selected by the state's Gov. Nikki Haley to fill the open senate seat left by the departing Lindsay Graham. She may end up facing former governor Mark Sanford in the race; he is attempting a political comeback after resigning following an adultery scandal.
Unfortunately for Colbert-Busch, her brother has already given away the $773,000 remaining in his Super PAC's coffers to charity, split between campaign finance reformers and Hurricane Sandy relief.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)