Stephen Fry Prepared to Face Prison Over Tweeter's 'Bomb Joke' Trial
2:34 AM PDT 4/19/2011 by Ralf Ludemann
Comedian Stephen Fry argued that Paul Chambers' tweet was an example of Britain's tradition of self-deprecating humor and banter.
LONDON -- Stephen Fry made the statement at a benefit gig for a man who is appealing against his conviction for sending a menacing communication, according to the BBC.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile