Stephen King pilot gets a director
Adam Kane is helming 'Haven' to air on Syfy, Showcase
TORONTO -- Adam Kane is directing the pilot for the Stephen King-created supernatural series "Haven" for the Syfy Channel and Showcase Television in Canada. His credits include "The Mentalist" and "Heroes."
Production has started with Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, standing in for the fictitious Maine town of Haven, where Emily Rose ("ER") plays an FBI agent solving the murder of a local ex-con.
The pilot's ensemble cast includes Lucas Bryant, Eric Balfour, Richard Donat and John Dunsworth.
E1 is producing "Haven" with "The Dead Zone" executive producers Shawn Piller, Lloyd Segan and Scott Shepherd.
Universal Networks International, NBC Universal's global channel division, is also co-financing the drama after it picked up the exclusive pay TV broadcast rights for the world, excluding Canada, U.S. and Scandinavia.
E1 is selling "Haven" internationally.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10