Stephen 'tWitch' Boss Returning for 'Step Up 5' (Exclusive)
The former "So You Think You Can Dance" contestant appeared in both "Step Up 3D" and "Step Up Revolution."
Step Up 5 will see the return of Stephen "tWitch" Boss, who starred in both Step Up 3D and Step Up Revolution, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The fifth film in Summit's dance franchise will be helmed by music video director and choreographer Trish Sie from a script by John Swetnam. It will shoot in Vancouver and Las Vegas.
Boss, a former contestant on season four of So You Think You Can Dance, first appeared in 2010's Step Up 3D as Jason, a science geek who loves to battle. He reprised his role in 2012's Step Up Revolution. Boss' other film credits include Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming and Hairspray. He's repped by Diaz Management Group and Global Artists Agency.
Jennifer Gibgot and Adam Shankman of Offspring Entertainment are producing along with Patrick Wachsberger and Erik Feig.
The first Step Up, starring Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan, hit theaters in 2006, going on to earn $114.1 million worldwide to date. Tatum appeared in the 2008 sequel Step Up 2: The Streets, and then the rest of the franchise went on to introduce new actors and characters. The first four films have earned $564 million worldwide.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David