Stephen 'tWitch' Boss Returning for 'Step Up 5' (Exclusive)
The former "So You Think You Can Dance" contestant appeared in both "Step Up 3D" and "Step Up Revolution."
Step Up 5 will see the return of Stephen "tWitch" Boss, who starred in both Step Up 3D and Step Up Revolution, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The fifth film in Summit's dance franchise will be helmed by music video director and choreographer Trish Sie from a script by John Swetnam. It will shoot in Vancouver and Las Vegas.
Boss, a former contestant on season four of So You Think You Can Dance, first appeared in 2010's Step Up 3D as Jason, a science geek who loves to battle. He reprised his role in 2012's Step Up Revolution. Boss' other film credits include Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming and Hairspray. He's repped by Diaz Management Group and Global Artists Agency.
Jennifer Gibgot and Adam Shankman of Offspring Entertainment are producing along with Patrick Wachsberger and Erik Feig.
The first Step Up, starring Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan, hit theaters in 2006, going on to earn $114.1 million worldwide to date. Tatum appeared in the 2008 sequel Step Up 2: The Streets, and then the rest of the franchise went on to introduce new actors and characters. The first four films have earned $564 million worldwide.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR